Friday, November 18, 2005

Easier said than done

The comment of JustAHuman in one of my poems still rings through my head: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you did'nt do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.“

There are really lots of things that I want to do but I just can’t; I’ve got lots of responsibilities. I don’t know, duties, obligations, etc. I really feel as if I am driven by everyone, especially my own family. I’ve got lots of things to prove, lots of things to improve, lots of things to maintain, lots of things that must be accomplished, lots of things to… aahhh… I’m tired! But I can’t just stop and rest. I’ve got to move.
I live in haste…always in haste!

I wish I had the courage to just do what I want to do, to live my life. But how can I? If I live for other people, I suffer. If I live just for my self, I also suffer. What then is the difference between living and not living an authentic life? I can’t see. I can’t see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have the same struggle except that I have taken risked on things that I always wanted to do. I have to make things happen in my own terms and not how others want me to do. Take a single radical stride, make radical decisions in your own terms so that you'll know what it means to be on the other side, for better or for worse.